July 29, 2009

Randomnothings.randomramblings.randomthoughts.

I hate people. I think the best thing to do is to not be attached emotionally or they hurt you more in the end. Not to be a pessimist, but they just always seem to hurt you in the end. Sigh, again.


" it takes two to tango, but only one to trip and fall "

I've heard of this a long time ago, but never truly grasps the concept. Pardon my stupidity. Now, I had to learn it the hard way

You cannot go back in time, even if you wish it with every fiber of your being, your heart and soul, even if you think about it every day. Trust me. I know.

That's what you don't get. To find two people who have the same heart isn't a coincidence. It's a God damn miracle. And it happens every day. But somehow to find it, takes a lot of work. It's rare. It's a treasure you would want to keep..forever.


I'll pretend that you mean the weather when you ask me how I am. I'll say cold and dry.

The place you used to live : there's still a door shaped like you, boarded up, covered in chains and nails. Paper stuffed in the locks.


Just like you mistook time-off for separation, you have mistaken being alone with loneliness. I am doing good, thank you for asking.

I read what you leave in public spaces. The songs of your reference. I read between the lines. I know it's about me. I know what you want. I can admit that I have been thinking about it for awhile now, but I can't. Not yet.


It's when you hold eye contact for that second too long or maybe the way you laugh. It sets off a flash and our memories take a picture of who we are at that point when we first know "This is love."

And we clutch that picture to our hearts because we expect each other to always be the people in that picture. But people change. People aren't pictures. And you can either take a new picture or throw the old one away.


So yes, we could hug. I could give you a hug, and vice versa. There's no science, no plane tickets, clock stopping us. But if we hug, it will end the world, And I've ended the world before, No one survived. Least of all me.


This is the acceptance speech. The end of anger and denial. I accept that you and I will never be the same again. That while those days will live in my mind forever, they're over. I hate it. But I accept it. And I'm moving on now.


You think you're waiting for me to tell you what the right thing to do is. And how to do it. Even though, at the back of your mind you already know what that is. So, all you're really waiting for, is the right time when you're forced to do it.


So you've given me all these things and I don't want you to think that I don't appreciate them because I do but all I really want from you today, is a smile.


P/s : some are quotes, some are not. You decide.

Hoping for a truckload of Hagen Diaz ice-creams to miraculously crash in front of main gate.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment