July 6, 2009

Journey home

Being at home for the weekend is definitely what I needed. There is always that familiarity, of being at home with your family. The warmth that you would instantly feel when you enter the house. I don't know how to explain it, but it's there. Peace and tranquility. It's comforting to know that you are surrounded by the people who would, undoubtedly stand by you side no matter what. They are blood after all. Somehow, somewhere, these are the people that you could always count on. NO MATTER WHAT.

I grew up there. Mum says we moved a couple of times, but I don't remember any. I only remembered
the ones in the house. Loads of memories ; some are bitter. Some are happy memories. It's all part of the growing process, I guess. I missed my sisters the most. They're my parents combine with being my best friends (ones that would never disappoint you) combine with being my sisters. I love them more than anything in this world. No one, no one can beat them. I guess I just miss hanging out with them, both of them together. I remember, when we shared the room, all three of us together, cramped up in the room, there would always be a recap of the day. They would always tell stories of school life and their friends. I remember wishing to grow to be just like them. We studied in the same room, but always ended up talking to each other. I always have crazy ideas, some would be executed, most of it not. I've got two monster sister.

MONSTER 1 : She is four years older. On her way to becoming a super rich DENTIST. *grin* well, somebody's got to support me. *shrugs shoulder*. As I was saying, she's the one that would be keeping our butts in line. Don't get me wrong, it's not like she's no fun, but she makes sure that we don't go too far off. She buys me gifts, That's her way of showing her love. She's amazing inside and out. But she's not someone that I could tell everything to. I don't know why, I just don't want to mess the image that she has of me. She's kind-hearted. Self-less, loving but doesn't normally show it. Protective. Thoughtful. Easily annoyed. INTELLIGENT. Low self-esteem. Can't handle pressure. Is loved by her youngest monster very much.

MONSTER 2 : She's a year younger than monster 1. When we were kids, she is the hot-tempered one. She is the buttercup of Powerpuff girls. I swear, when we were kids, she and I did not get along well. She hated me. I, was completely oblivious to the fact. But as we grew older, she is the one that I could talk about almost anything. She became my partner in crime. She knew all of my secrets, worries and concerns. She is the one true person in this world that I could be myself without being afraid of what she would think. She's not judgmental. She is kind and forgiving. Smart. Foolish. Mature. Childish. Vain. Protective. Cheerful. Optimistic. Caring, Honest. Small. But yet, nothing about her is small. She has a BIG heart. Is loved by her youngest monster very much

No words can describe how much thou love thee.


But my favourite part of the house would be my room. For years, it has been my sanctuary. My great-wall-of China. It's as though the room is far away from the world and I believe that whenever I am in it, it protects me from the evilness of the world. Keeps me safe and happy. I could be/do whatever I want. Well, not whatever. I am still under parental supervision. But close *wink*. I love being in my room. The ambience that it gives out, makes me think I could do whatever I set my heart too. Every once in awhile, whilst everyone is asleep, I would be up ; rearranging and redecorating the room. To suit my mood. And then, in the morning, when I wake up, it'll be a brand new day with new beginnings. For new discoveries and new dramas. I love having that feeling. I love my room. I talked to my first crush there, new boyfriend, sleepless nights, endless crying, overrated mother-daughter fights, friendships torn and friendships renewed.

Funny thing is, I don't miss home. I miss parts of it. And I miss the people that we were when we were kids.

That was why, I needed to go back home last weekend. I needed a break from the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment