November 14, 2009

Alhamdulillah..

Funny how things turn out at the end for me. Unexpected friendships are developed, some are lost due to unforeseen changes and old ones are rekindled. Funny how the world works. And He does work in wonders. I wasn't able to see it back then, now I am grateful for what I've been through. It wasn't a walk in the park. It wasn't a bed of roses with ice-creams and chocolates but I am glad that I went through with it. You see, last semester, middle of this year, I had the shocked of my life. Back then, everything was perfect. At least, at first it seemed that way..to me anyways. I thought I had everything that I could ever dream; two awesome best friends, humanoids that I could relate to, a reputable reputation and a fairly-good-enough academic status. Turns out I was completely off. I have my two complete sets of best friends, but the humanoids? Turns out there were some only so-called friends. And guess what, I wasn't graduating anymore. Awesome, ain't it?

At the start of the semester, I was fighting with a hell lot of people. To a point that I had issues with the whole freaking world. I mean I already knew that this was a messed up world; full, of ignorant people. Over the years, instead of beating the system, I went with it. Look where it got me. Damaged, insecure, paranoid and a bitch.

*TADDAAA*

This time however, I came out, a bazooka in one hand and a sniper in another. Oh hell yes, I hated every single minute I was there.

*smile* actually the only thing that kept me there (meaning sane, zero killing mode and happy) is the dorm mates and my best friends. Both of which are awesome with various personalities that I cannot describe. They have helped me in every possible way. They are my support system. I have about 21 people in the room, and EVERY SINGLE one of them have, in one way or another, motivated me and kept me stronger; both, mentally and physically, and more focused than ever. I love them so much. They are very much like my family. They have faults, they are not perfect, but I would not want it any other way.

So now, fast forward five months and 12 days today, i am finally graduating and be going to someplace else. All thanks to them. I miss them terribly, and it's so weird not waking up to their shrieking voices in the morning, the rush of everyone getting ready for classes, the 'wedang's during the evening, the late night Nescafes and movie, the adventures, the dramas and them. Room e-1-10 taught me a lot. They gave me more than I imagined. Even thank you, seems insufficient somehow.


No comments:

Post a Comment